Friday, August 25, 2017

An Account of Curanderismo Healing

A family member and I have been doing a lot of physical labor at a property after a death in the family.

The spirits of this land are very active, and many people on facebook remarked the next day how overheated they got the day after the eclipse at night when it was cool. It was very hot in the house, even though it was cool outside in a northern climate and we had most of the windows open.

The family member was complaining of arthritis flareup in her shoulder, and it being so hot we were still awake at 2am. I heard her crying and moaning from the pain so I asked her if she was OK, she got up to my adjacent bedroom and had me fix her hair as it was so hot and she was not able to move her arms. She had put 2 ice packs on her arm and they had melted instantly.

I asked her if she wanted me to try some folk healing on her. It is not good to do spiritual work at night due to the more malevolent spirits being active. But sometimes this is done to deal with a bad spirit or do a healing if necessary. Apparently in Peru they do their San Pedro curandero ceremonies at night, and to also mimic the night blooming cactus.

She consented and I got up to get her some over the counter anti-inflammatory pills (advil-ibuprofen) as requested. She had taken 1 pill 4 hours prior, but it was not effective. I went to assemble what I needed. She was in so much pain she was unable to lay down so I had her seated on the side of the bed.

I got my Florida water, cascarilla, cotton pads, rubbing alcohol, cigar, books of prayers, and the basil cutting which had rooted in the water of my temporary consulta room with the crucifix and candle. I already had been wearing my white head wrap to bed.

Healing and Mediumship is a gift from God, and attributes of the holy spirit, the laying of hands and the work of the good spirits. Many do not like the idea of faith healing and want specific steps, explanations and recipes, when any curandero will tell you faith is the most important. However these abilities also seem to be inherited in families. Many do not like the idea of faith healing because of the televangelists. However it is only the assurity based on what we have seen as evidence, along with the personal light and ability to be a conduit. In the magnetism blog entry I posted a picture of the spiritual currents on the energy body, and I used this along with hand passes.

Many curanderos also use alternative systems of energy work, spiritual counselling, spiritual channeling, and herbal medicine not only from their culture such as acupuncture or reiki. Many are also yerberos herb workers, give spiritual massage or may be bonesetters found out in the country. Curandero at heart are healing or :sanacion" native practices throughout Latin America which became mixed with Catholicism. The leaf doctors are known as fe medicin in Haiti, who may or may not also be Houngan and Mambos or Voudousants.
                                          art by Mario Gonzalez Chavajay.

I began my session and opening prayers to set the protections and activate the energy needed. I put cotton soaked rounds with the alcohol on 3 points on her shoulder and she later said she almost fainted, that it was like a scream of pain that subsided and then went away. I put my left hand to the right shoulder to pull away ropes of energy, sensing the disruption around the area. I did the prayer of the sick, appealing to God for the curative ability needed and on behalf of the patient compassion and pity for relief. At the same time knowing that suffering may hold wisdom or purpose in one's life, it is given up to God.

The cotton is absorptive, like a cloud that holds rain or as a metaphor spiritual fluids or energy, It is often used to treat the sick in Santeria. The same cloth on an altar that holds energy, or the string in a spiritual necklace or eleke.

The alcohol is widely used in folk healing to bring down fevers and for sore joints and sprains, along with the Florida water. It is believed that illness is a result of trapped energy, or stagnation. It is also believed that illness has an energetic component, and that negative emotions can also be a cause and stored in the body. For this reason envy, evil eye or mal de ojo and witchraft is also seen to be causes, and often spiritual cleanings are commonly done such as with herbs or egg limpias.

I took the rounds off temporarily and lit the cigar. I did prayers of tobacco for purity and to dominate the spirit of arthritis and to take away pain and inflammation to the 4 winds. I blew smoke over her shoulder 3 times, the breath activated by life and oration. The breath often is used to add or remove energy. Tobacco is also used for joint inflammation and many other medical and spiritual usage.
                                 art by Manuel Pacaya

I called on the powers given to tobacco and a leaf I had taken off the basil plant that God had given them. I implored for light and elevation to these plants and to the guardians, ancestors and healing spirits of those present for their assistance. I took the basil leaf dipped in the water and crossed, tapped the leaf lightly and dragged it down her arm with orations. A conversation was taking place at a deeper level with the client, unspoken.
 I then put my right hand over the leaf laid on the shoulder to let the energy give what was needed to mend the energy body and re-balance the area. I did the prayer of the medium who heals.

I marked the shoulder all over with the cascarilla. What is that: she asked. Egg shell chalk I answered, its cooling and protective. I then marked a cross with Florida water on the area which I had prepared with holy water.

I then took the pads and let alcohol drip all over the shoulder and evaporate the heat as it quickly dried. She started to look more comfortable.
I closed the session and thanked the spirits.

I marked our bedrooms with crosses of the chalk and left the basil leaf at the bedside table. There were strange energy around as I could see a spirit standing in the darkness of the third bedroom. I opened another window for better airflow, and got her 2 new ice packs. The house was markedly cooler. She then laid down. I sprayed her bare arms and legs down with the Florida water to cool and relax her. And then she was asleep before I could even get back to my bed. And in the morning she was almost 100%  better, ready for another full day of renovation work. "You saved my bacon" she said with a smile. I told her I left my tumeric in the bathroom for her to take one capsule.

Basil is a very important plant of purity, healing and exorcism, and one I had at hand. However I could almost pick any leaf I found at any tree and had similar results.

Before I went back to bed I went to wash my hands.This is a practice in many systems so that you do not absorb too much of the patients illness by accident. As it is my left arm was very sore, and hip, as well as my fingers. I did not sleep well, and took some tumeric and other things in the morning and went back to sleep to let my body heal for the days work.

This was the first curandero session I have done.

I know a little of accupressure to treat a few things on myself and my partner mainly for nausea and migraines, relaxation and pain points, as well as have done laying of hands many times before. I always do get a very mild headache from his headache treatment which puts him to sleep. I also have a great interest in natural supplements and remedies for a variety of illness, mainly pain, mood, sleep, infections, cold & flu, autoimmune or inflammation and digestive problems, as well as natural beauty, household products and personal care. Funnily enough I do not consider myself a healer spiritually yet, even though I have worked in healthcare for over a decade. I suppose spiritual work in itself is healing to the spirit. I do enjoy getting qi-gong and reiki treatments, but I am extremely picky about who I let touch my energy body.


                                                                            S7X

No comments:

Post a Comment