Sunday, April 29, 2018

Weather witch: the rain maker




This blogpost is to chronicle work done during August 2017 and the ability to manipulate the weather.

I put 5 river rocks that were taken with offering to put in this cherry tree that produced alot this summer. This is part of a Taino Caribbean Indio way to make rain. We are having one of the most dry and most wildfires here in the PNW in history. The smoke and air quality is very bad in some areas. 

I sang to my Lwa Legba, Metrisili, Cachita Tumbo, Papa Sobo y Bade and Tindjo Alawe while harvesting peas for hours in the evening and my main 2 spirit guides on Sunday. I sang a song my spirits told me for rain. Thank you to my brothers and sister and native tribes doing drumming in western Canada, those who have prayed & assisted. I cannot take credit but I know they have helped us, and thankful to the Lwa & mercy of Bondye, I felt drops of rain when there should be none a few nights ago. There was no forecast for rain, now there is rain coming about 5 days to the day after I did ceremony, and they increased the forecast to rain all weekend for my birthday. My Lwa I am assured! Ayibobo!
Cheeehooo its raining! our water was almost out I am on well and duck pond pump and rain barrels right now on this property. Did my rain dance song 24 hours ago. I am going to sing it again!
And I always get headache before it rains. And its the thunder full
moon just put my pot out to catch some! 
 look at the change in temperature too 
Vancouver Island 29-32 degree Celsius down to 16!
Wed
Clear

Clear
28°C 
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 77%
Wind: 6 km/h

Thu
Sunny
29°
Fri
Mostly Sunny
27°
Sat
Scattered Showers
21°
Sun
Showers
16°
Mon
Cloudy
17°
Tue
Partly Cloudy
19°
Wed
Showers
19°

Guess I owe Cachita Tumbo some yellow flowers and cigar to the river, My mother here is shocked haha, but she is a believer in curandero's too.I am not sure if this is a new inherited or latent now developed minor ability, I have only noted my connection to wind before. Perhaps due to my court or my Leo sun and Jupiterian Sag moon energies.


When I was in Florida and walked to the botanica it was blistering summer: hot and clear. I was with my younger godbrother and began to sing for rain. He was in disbelief, until there were blessed welcoming cool rain drops...until we made it to be picked up by our godfather and godmother.

Recently I have had to walk to work in the mountainous western area of the USA and it rains late winter and spring. I asked my spirits several times to hold off the rain until I could make it to work, and miraculously the weather obliged each time, with a few sprinkles only the one time!

As to the relation between the offices of chief and rain-maker in South Africa a well-informed writer observes: “In very old days the chief was the great Rain-maker of the tribe. Some chiefs allowed no one else to compete with them, lest a successful Rain-maker should be chosen as chief. There was also another reason: the Rain-maker was sure to become a rich man if he gained a great reputation, and it would manifestly never do for the chief to allow any one to be too rich. The Rain-maker exerts tremendous control over the people, and so it would be most important to keep this function connected with royalty. Tradition always places the power of making rain as the fundamental glory of ancient chiefs and heroes, and it seems probable that it may have been the origin of chieftainship.....
  The foregoing evidence renders it probable that in Africa the king has often been developed out of the public magician, and especially out of the rain-maker. The unbounded fear which the magician inspires and the wealth which he amasses in the exercise of his profession may both be supposed to have contributed to his promotion. But if the career of a magician and especially of a rain-maker offers great rewards to the successful practitioner of the art, it is beset with many pitfalls into which the unskillful or unlucky artist may fall. The position of the public sorcerer is indeed a very precarious one; for where the people firmly believe that he has it in his power to make the rain to fall, the sun to shine, and the fruits of the earth to grow, they naturally impute drought and dearth to his culpable negligence or willful obstinacy, and they punish him accordingly. Hence in Africa the chief who fails to procure rain is often exiled or killed. Thus, in some parts of West Africa, when prayers and offerings presented to the king have failed to procure rain, his subjects bind him with ropes and take him by force to the grave of his forefathers that he may obtain from them the needed rain. The Banjars in West Africa ascribe to their king the power of causing rain or fine weather. So long as the weather is fine they load him with presents of grain and cattle. But if long drought or rain threatens to spoil the crops, they insult and beat him till the weather changes. When the harvest fails or the surf on the coast is too heavy to allow of fishing, the people of Loango accuse their king of a “bad heart” and depose him.
Sir James George Frazer (1854–1941).  The Golden Bough.  1922.
page 86
http://www.bartleby.com/196/pages/page86.html

The power of working with natural forces hits at the very core of harnessing nature. "Making it rain" has its connotations with sexual fluids, cash, fertility and abundance.

Rain and water is part of the balance and requirement of life along with the masculine force of the sun and fire, without the combination we could not have rainbows or alchemy....


S7X


No comments:

Post a Comment